Is It Time To Have Your Chimney Or Furnace Flue Cleaned?
It’s easy to forget about your chimney and furnace flue until you’re ready to light a fire in your fireplace or crank up the heat….but did you know that, according to the National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) Code 211, “all chimneys, fireplaces, and vents shall be inspected at least once a year?”
The reason being that, even if you had your chimney or furnace flue inspected last year, all the burning since then, paired with the freezing, thawing, settling, and water damage that can occur as a result of the rain, snow, and weather changes in the last year, can rapidly turn a safe chimney flue into an unsafe one.
If you live in the greater Manchester area, you can count on New Hampshire’s premier full-service chimney professionals to make annual chimney cleanings and maintenance simple and mess-free for you and your family.
What Is Included In A Chimney Or Furnace Flue Cleaning?
At Ceaser Chimney Service, we take every chimney cleaning very seriously – as if we were servicing our own home.
Each sweeping includes:
- a full inspection of the chimney or furnace flue
- an assessment of the top of the chimney (checking for cracks or damage to the brick, mortar, or cement crown)
- a check on the flashing (checking for leaks or gaps)
- an inspection of any attached appliances (checking for damage or improper connection)
- pictures and measurements of everything, top to bottom, which are then emailed to you along with your invoice and inspection report
- an overview of any issues we find, as well as estimates for each recommended fix for your consideration
- a full sweep of the flue, as well as the attached appliance
- a video scan to make sure the flue is left clean and in good working order
And the best part of working with Ceaser Chimney Services is that you’ll have total peace of mind, without the mess. We take great pride in maintaining a clean home throughout our chimney and furnace flue sweeping service, so you can put your worries to rest.
Unfortunately, we do not service GAS or PELLET chimneys or appliances.
Scheduling Chimney Sweepings In The Spring Has Its Perks!
One question homeowners often have regarding chimney and furnace flue sweepings, aside from “Will it be messy?” is “When should I schedule a chimney or furnace flue sweeping?”
While we’re happy to provide the service any time of year, here are 6 reasons to have your chimney swept during the spring:
- Catch problems early, before you need to use your fireplace or stove.
- Prevent smelly creosote odors from filling your home throughout the year.
- Shorter wait for an appointment.
- More flexible scheduling.
- Peace of mind.
- One less thing to worry about in the fall, when your mind is filled with holiday plans.
Just to Clarify… Sweeping or Cleaning?
This is a common confusion in the world of chimneys – is it sweeping or cleaning? The truth is, both terms are referring to the same thing. And while cleaning is probably the more commonly used of the two, we’d say that sweeping is the more accurate one.
Are we cleaning and scrubbing out soot stains on the inside of your chimney? No. That’d be a nearly impossible – and frankly unnecessary – task. What we are doing is sweeping away anything that’s harmful to your system or at risk of igniting, ensuring you a safer burning season year after year.
For The Best Chimney Sweeping Service In The Granite State, Call Ceaser!
Has it been a year since you had your chimney or furnace flue cleaned? Call Ceaser Chimney Service at 603-518-5773 today for your peace of mind. We also offer our customers the ease and convenience of requesting an appointment online — simply click here.